• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Please help... i need some insight..

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcb747

I was hoping i can get some advice/insight from those who may have gone through this route.

Here's my story, i was an SNFO and because of marital problems, I felt compelled to drop out of the flight program. My commissioning source was OCS and i have no prior service. This fiscal year, they came out with a policy where OCS grads with no prior service are sent to IRR or SELRES if they fail to obtain their warfare qualification.Redesignation to another active duty community is not being offered(not even gen av) unless you put in a waiver and the waiver is endorsed by your CO and approved by bupers. As of late, most waivers are being shot down.

Anyway, i'm headed to a coastal warfare unit back home. The coastal warfare community is 100% manned by reservists so i will end up being SELRES. My question is, can i put in a package to go back to active duty after spending time as SELRES? If yes, do i get a good chance of getting into the community that i want? You're input is greatly appreciated! thanks.

sailorgloom

1. Check MILPERSMAN 1320-150. Application for Voluntary Recall of Naval Reserve Officers to the Active Duty List
2. Check MILPERSMAN 1131-020. Appointment in Regular Navy of Reserve and Temporary Officers
3. Check Reserves online for some ADSW/PRC work.
4. There is no MILERSPAN dealing with wives/ex-wives.

Although you are hearing waivers are getting shot down, if you don't ask then the answer is already "no".

Good luck, shipmate. Don't lose sight of your dreams because of someone else.

=SG

Status
Not open for further replies.