• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

klostman

the happy dance!
Haven't heard much about anyone else being accepted to PLC jr's this summer. Just curious, how many out there have been accepted to PLC May-July 2003 and where are you from? Or who is in the process of applying for it for next summer? Anyone else from Denver or Colorado? Thanks

farkle84

guess nobody. i went last summer. had lots of fun :) it gets freaking humid compared to California and if you are for CO then it will take some time to get used to it. good luck.

Schwabenprinz

Klostman, I'm also applying for PLC jr's. The selection board meets this month. Keeping my fingers crossed. How is your application looking?

-------------------
This space for rent

-------------------
This space for rent

klostman

the happy dance!
Thanks farkle. Schwabenprinz, I actually just got selected December 17th. Talk about a great X-mas present. OSO told me the same day the board met. When does the board meet for your app.?

Schwabenprinz

Klostman, my board meets mid January. The last day to submit a PFT is January 6 so I'm gonna take advantage of that and take it one more time. Congratulations on being selected Klostman.

-------------------
This space for rent

Schwabenprinz

Klostman, I forgot to ask. What did your application look like? What did you get on the pft, ASTB, recommendations, etc.?

-------------------
This space for rent

klostman

the happy dance!
My app was 5's and 7's ASTB.
PFT-282
GPA 2.33
thumbdn_125.gif

recommendations-good, but none from any present or ex service members.

The Wiz

how good does you GPA have to be to get accepeted, i spent to much time in the bar and not in the libaray and got 2.38, is this good enough

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Might be going to PLC jrs this summer. Havent sent in a package or anything, but if I dont get in this summer, I'll keep trying to gof or next. Is it to late to get accepted for this summer? Thanks.

Semper FI

klostman

the happy dance!
Wiz, with that GPA it can be done. I got in with a 2.5 or so GPA. However just cause the Marine Corps requirement is 2.0 doesn't mean thats an instant gurantee to get in. I am very,very fortunate to have gotten this slot. I wouldn't count on a low 2.0 to be of much help in anyone's situation. PFT really helped me offset my prior grades. EA-6B1, they are still accepting packages for PLC this summer. I'd hurry it up though, its coming quick. And somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe seniors and graduates applying to OCS are being turned away because nothing is available. My OSO told me they are approving apps up through April, or at least in our region.

Schwabenprinz, have you heard back from the board yet? Hopin' its good news for you.
thumbup_125.gif

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.