• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Plc juniors

Matt Sanders

I was wondering what my chances are of getting contracted for Plc juniors if my pft will be in the area of 250 and my Gpa is 3.76 in civil engineering? I have good LOR's. Also, I was told you can take financial aid in the amount of $8,000 per year but I'm not sure if that number is true.

Palmaaa

im on same boat. 3.3 GPA and about 285 PFT. this early march PLC board will be my first. Are you air or ground?

Palmaaa

Does anyone know how many PLC boards are left in the year and timeframe of them? I know there is one 1st week of March, but not sure of thereafter.

Last edited:

Matt Sanders

im on same boat. 3.3 GPA and about 285 PFT. this early march PLC board will be my first. Are you air or ground?
For this board I'll probably be ground if I get put in for it but I was told there's another board late April or early May. I took astb but didn't study and got 4,5,5 so if I want to do air i need to retake astb but I'll probably just go ground. What are you going for?

RiceA

I was wondering what my chances are of getting contracted for Plc juniors if my pft will be in the area of 250 and my Gpa is 3.76 in civil engineering? I have good LOR's. Also, I was told you can take financial aid in the amount of $8,000 per year but I'm not sure if that number is true.

76% chance of Approval.

But really, get your PFT up. A 250 PFT walking into Juniors (even if you get selected) will not be a walk in the park. Just got back last August, and the running is no joke.

As for the tuition assistance program, MCTAP, here is a link. Get used to reading these orders and finding the information you need from them.
http://www.marines.mil/Portals/59/Publications/MCO 1560.33.pdf

Matt Sanders

76% chance of Approval.

But really, get your PFT up. A 250 PFT walking into Juniors (even if you get selected) will not be a walk in the park. Just got back last August, and the running is no joke.

As for the tuition assistance program, MCTAP, here is a link. Get used to reading these orders and finding the information you need from them.
http://www.marines.mil/Portals/59/Publications/MCO 1560.33.pdf
Thanks man. I will have my pft as close to 300 as I can I just started the process first week of February so I will be ready for summer of I can get selected.

Palmaaa

Package is submitted for March PLC board. The Anxiety is killing me. Going for air. Contracting PFT was a 287. Anyone else on here going for this board?

Freedom's Fist

Package is submitted for March PLC board. The Anxiety is killing me. Going for air. Contracting PFT was a 287. Anyone else on here going for this board?

I got selected PLC Air w/ 284 PFT and good ASTB score. If you have good letters of rec & a strong package I don't see why you wouldn't get selected. You going 1st or 2nd increment?

Palmaaa

I am applying for combined as I will be graduating in Dec. Dates would be June 1-Aug 7. Astb was 5-8-6 gpa 3.4, and have private pilot certificate. Only time will tell.

User1993

I've yet to even meet with an oso. I live a little over an hour north of Seattle in Mount Vernon. So it's a bit of a hassle to get myself down there (no car). I have no clue what my pft is right now. But I've been running like a mad man. Only getting 12 pull ups currently. Just finished my first week of the armstrong pull up program. Taking my first quarter of school in the spring, majoring in political science. Part of me wants to work my way up to that 300 mark, and just walk into the oso's office like a badass. But Another part of me just want to be down there getting involved with the events they hold.

Really interested in hearing what your guys outcome is! Good luck!

LFDtoUSMC

pilot
Contributor
Earlier is better. Showing dedication to the program as well as consistent improvements on your PFT score won't hurt either.