• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PLC Juniors acceptance percentage

Danimal223

I saw in an earlier post that someone said there's a 76% of selection for PLC juniors and I was wondering if that's accurate or just a random guess? Also is it common for freshman to get selected?

User1993

I've patrolled this website long enough to realize that any question with a "%" sign in it. Gets you ripped a new asshole. Although I would love an answer to this question myself. I have read somewhere on here before, that being accepted to jrs as a freshman is less competitive than combined. Forgot the reasoning behind it. If I find the post I'll let you know about it.

User1993

Both ROTC and PLC are competitve and for different reasons. Your chances of getting PLC as a Freshman are traditionally very good. I dont know exactly how they break out the Fresh /Soph slots (both go to PLC Juniors). Im guessing it has to do with commisioning numbers for each year.

As a Freshmen you are in many ways a leg up on the competition, most freshmen in college either arent sure that Marine OCS is for them, dont know how to contact an OSO (easier with the advent of the internet) or cant adjsut academically to college and thus dont have the grades. I was accepted as a freshman with a 2.8 GPA in history (not stellar but surprising better than many other freshmen.

The bottomline is that noone can tell you whether you will get in or not, apply, do your best and see what happens. If this is your goal be proactive, in your first month of college seek out both the ROTC unit and the Officer Selection Officer (he does the PLC stuff) and start the ball rolling. Best case you get an NROTC scholarship and college is paid for and you get the commision at the end, worst case you learn some things in ROTC and have active officers to write PLC letters of rec should you need them, either way you get where you want to be.

Good luck and search the site, there is a lot of really good info here from guys who have done all this a lot more recently than I have. If you have more questions ask.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If the same holds true as 20 years ago the earlier you apply the better. We had guys at my school who were PT studs but had a mediocre GPA get accepted their freshman year for the two summer program (Juniors?) while guys who were PT studs with 3.5 GPA's couldn't get into the one summer program (Combined?) when they applied their junior or senior years. The only difference? The ones with mediocre GPA's were smart enough to apply early, that was about it.

So apply early and often.