• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PLC and community college

User1993

I've read that you can get into plc while enrolled at a community college if you sign a letter of intent to transfer to a university. Has anyone ever actually done this?

I'm 20 and about to start my freshman year of college. I'll be attending a community college. If I were to maintain a 3.5 gpa for the first semester would I have a good chance of getting into plc?

Secondly, does being enrolled in a community college hurt your chances of being accepted into the program?

-thank you for your feedback

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
I was accepted into PLC while enrolled at a CC. I didn't even get accepted to my 4 year school till I was at OCS for juniors. However, this was 2003 and we had just invaded Iraq.

If you're only only shooting for a 3.5 at a CC I would aim a little higher.

That being said, I would ask the above questions of your local OSO.

User1993

I was accepted into PLC while enrolled at a CC. I didn't even get accepted to my 4 year school till I was at OCS for juniors. However, this was 2003 and we had just invaded Iraq.

If you're only only shooting for a 3.5 at a CC I would aim a little higher.

That being said, I would ask the above questions of your local OSO.

Ya I'm aiming for the best gpa possible. But at worse I know I can maintain a 3.5. Worse case senario I'll have to wait till I transfer to a university. I just wanted to apply for plc immediately, I figure the earlier I apply the better. If I weren't accepted the first time at least I'd have two more shots before having to consider another route.

What was the process like for you? How long was the application process from start to finish? Did you end up getting an SNA contract?

Thanks for your response

jmcquate

Contributor
There's a Marine OCS section on this site. Ask over there. DocT went through on o3', I did it in 85'.........things have probably changed since then. Have you contacted a Marine OSO?

User1993

There's a Marine OCS section on this site. Ask over there. DocT went through on o3', I did it in 85'.........things have probably changed since then. Have you contacted a Marine OSO?

I've been holding off on talking with an OSO. I've heard that you're immediately being sized up when you first meet. And right now I'm nothing, got nothing to show. Just a GED that makes me look bad.

BackOrdered

Contributor
I've been holding off on talking with an OSO. I've heard that you're immediately being sized up when you first meet. And right now I'm nothing, got nothing to show. Just a GED that makes me look bad.

Confidence matters, too.

Also, not sure about the Green side, but for Navy OCS I never heard anyone ask for High School records. Just college.

exNavyOffRec

If when I was an OR and you were to come to me I would tell you what you needed to do to submit an application, then when you came back I would hope you would be ready to apply.

I would go talk to an OSO from the standpoint of this is my past, what do I need to do for you to consider me your top applicant, a good leader will give you direction.

User1993

If when I was an OR and you were to come to me I would tell you what you needed to do to submit an application, then when you came back I would hope you would be ready to apply.

I would go talk to an OSO from the standpoint of this is my past, what do I need to do for you to consider me your top applicant, a good leader will give you direction.

Thanks for your advice, I'm gonna do that.