• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Platoon Leader's Course via Community College :confused:

AspiringAviator

Hello Everyone,

I am a community college student in California, hoping to transfer into the UC system and then get my commission in the Marine Corps. I would like to fly, and PLC seems to be the best option for me, as I would go to PLC Combined with an aviation/NFO guarantee after Junior year at a UC. I get excellent grades and am highly motivated. I would love to hear from anyone who has tried this route. Will my chances of getting into PLC be greatly affected y the fact that I am (currently) attending a two-year college? I know that it is possible to get into PLC from a Community College, but is it actually likely? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Many, Many thanks,

AspiringAviator

"The Brick"

The Brick
pilot
community college PLC

Hey there motivator,
That is the exact route that I went. I did two years at a community college then transferred to a state college. Went through PLC Juniors between jr and sr year, as far as community college goes, there is no reason not to apply, you can get picked up but it's up to you to hold up your end of the bargain (meaning continuing on to a 4yr school). I got an air contract with little problem at the time, but that was because the Corps needed pilots bad (that was back in 04/05). The situation now is alittle different but your local OSO will let you know about that situation. I'm currently flying 53's and loving it! So it's all up to you....but it's definetly possible and I've never come across any prejudice for my community college time.

AspiringAviator

Thank You

Brick,

Thank you so much for your reply. I'm willing to do anything to get up in a Super Stallion one day, and I know that there are a lot of others like me. It's inspiring to hear from someone who went the way that I'm going, I felt like I was the only one.

AspiringAviator

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
While I wasn't a PLC (or Marine) type and I don't fly Shitters, I too did 2 yrs comm college (civvie flight school program), and then transferred to a 4-yr for NROTC. Was a good experience for me, and I wouldn't think that you would have any problems doing the same. Good luck!