• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Plan to get into OCS Nov 2024 / Jan 2025. Should I submit my package this November or wait till the next board in march/april

I've recently accepted a job opportunity and am in the process of preparing for a move to another state next month. My plan is to dedicate a year to this job, and I've already committed to a one-year lease. I'm aware that the SNA candidate selection process for OCS typically takes longer, which works to my advantage. My recruiter mentioned that it usually takes approximately 6 to 9 months for SNA candidates to progress from board acceptance because of the backlog. If I decide to submit my application for this upcoming board, can I opt to postpone my OCS start date if I'm selected earlier than expected? Also, the previous board had a high acceptance rate for SNA candidates; I'm curious to see if the upcoming one will be similar.

Last edited:

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I've recently accepted a job opportunity and am in the process of preparing for a move to another state next month. My plan is to dedicate a year to this job, and I've already committed to a one-year lease. I'm aware that the SNA candidate selection process for OCS typically takes longer, which works to my advantage. My recruiter mentioned that it usually takes approximately 6 to 9 months for SNA candidates to progress from board acceptance because of the backlog. If I decide to submit my application for this upcoming board, can I opt to postpone my OCS start date if I'm selected earlier than expected? Also, the previous board had a high acceptance rate for SNA candidates; I'm curious to see if the upcoming one will be similar.

You can apply to OCS programs 12 months out. Yes, it can take several months if not more during the process.

In the application form, it will ask when your OCS availability is, just put the date in which you want to ship out.

By the way, just because you have a lease doesn't mean you have to completely fulfill it. SCRA protects you in the event you need to leave early for OCS.

All other questions, just ask your recruiter.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA

1) Yes on your application put your availability date, there’s a section on there to put your date you can leave after.

2) In the last 1-2 years yes SNAs were waiting 6-12+ months for OCS dates after selection. I was under that impression too for the most recent board I was selected on… not the case some people got OCS dates literally 2 weeks on the dot after the results came out. Make sure when you submit you are ready to go. I had to move my OCS date back thankfully it went through.

3) The Service Member Civil Relief Act is a federal law that protects you in cases where the military relocates you and you have to break your lease.

I signed a lease for my apartment in August, found out I was selected 08 SEPT and got an OCS date of 15 OCT which is now moved back due to an injury…