• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Places to live in Meridian

Status
Not open for further replies.

swopapa

Where do most people live out in Meridian? Do you have to live on Base or whats up. Any popular apartment places out there, would it be better to rent a house. Thanks for the info.

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
I haven't heard of anyone (besides geo bachelors) living permanently in the CBQ. Base housing is popular among the married types. Two relatively new apartment complexes about 15 minutes away from base are the most popular choices. Northwoods Place is $629 for a two bedroom, with the Woodlands running $670 ish. Woodlands does have the option of having two master bedrooms (two big rooms each with their own bathroom). Northwoods has one master/one smaller room.

BAH for a single ensign is $479.

swopapa

Thanks Dawgfan.

FYI for people coming out to Meridian. There isn't much to choose from as far as Apartments go. The two places above are about as good as it gets. My buddy and I found a great house to rent for the same price as the apartment. They don't offer a rental house service in Meridian so you kind of need to go through real estate agents. Get a Real Estate guide and flip through it to find the agents numbers, then give them a call and see what kind of property for rent they have. They usually only have one or two properties each. But most of the agents have houses for rent. They were eager to show them to us and, we found one in 2 hours, start to finish. Good luck.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Actually, if you go to the base housing office, you can get a detailed printout of houses/Apartments for rent in the area. The housing office can break it down in area, price etc. They will also give you info on the electric and water comapnies, deposits and monthly charges. The list I got had about 50 houses on it all with military clauses.

Dave

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
My wife and I went tried the local Realtors, but couldn't find anything. So, we tried the base housing office and got the same list Dave is referring to. That's how we found our place. Definitely go by there and ask!

nastypilot

Another good place to look are the bulletin boards in the squadrons and the sim building. We found our place from the list that base housing hands out. Make sure you take good look at the houses. Some of the ones we looked at were pretty rough. The average 3 bedroom is about $800 around here, more for Dalewood lake.

DevilDucksGirl

SNA Wife- Advanced Helos
I know this a dated topic- but my SNA are hoping to go to Meridian. Just curious- but did most of you opt to go to Meridian, or did they 'volunteer' you to go? We're in CC right now- and if he selects jets (which he's wanting, but we realize that we may not get) we're going to push to go to Meridian vs. Kingsville. Any suggestions for the Meridian area? Any suggestions on how to get there? (ie: if he does select and gets jets- should we 'volunteer' to move the 750 miles?) Any info would be helpful! Feel free to PM me as well!

Thanks for the help!
icon_smile.gif

Heather

Status
Not open for further replies.