• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Place your bets!

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A bit of a misnomer on the headline, as this is targeted at approx $8B per year starting in FY22. All those 355 ships and SSBN recapitalization programs ain't gonna pay for themselves.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
^^^ all those jobs programs and special interests in the defense business are expensive.

I'm not trying to be snarky about it. There are a lot of ways for a government to spend the budget to shape the country to be a certain way. When that includes spreading a program across as many electoral districts as possible, or giving preferential treatment to company X over company Y for reasons other than the best value of the widget they make–and doing that comes at a bigger price tag–that's something everybody needs to face the facts about. (I don't know if I'm getting ambivalent about defense spending or what.)

D

Deleted member 24525

^^^ all those jobs programs and special interests in the defense business are expensive.

I'm not trying to be snarky about it. There are a lot of ways for a government to spend the budget to shape the country to be a certain way. When that includes spreading a program across as many electoral districts as possible, or giving preferential treatment to company X over company Y for reasons other than the best value of the widget they make–and doing that comes at a bigger price tag–that's something everybody needs to face the facts about. (I don't know if I'm getting ambivalent about defense spending or what.)
C’mon Jim, don’t you know that cutting the defense budget (even responsible ways) means you hate the military, and even more so it means you hate America.

Notanaviator

Contributor

This should be fun. Now taking wagers on what gets hit first/hardest and what ducks the punch thanks to public and political maneuvering.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Oh man. When I saw the title of this thread I thought the question was going to be how long it would be before Bloomberg “suicided himself” if he picked Hillary for VP.

Someone already started a thread on this:

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Chaplains! Fuck those guys! ? OK, I cheated, it’s in the story, but I do wonder whether we’d be better off as an organization if we put the resources we spend on Chaplains into qualified mental health pros instead of having a church and services on every base. Put one on the larger ships and 1 or 2 in each region, but each O6 command doesn’t need a spiritual adviser.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Chaplains! Fuck those guys! ? OK, I cheated, it’s in the story, but I do wonder whether we’d be better off as an organization if we put the resources we spend on Chaplains into qualified mental health pros instead of having a church and services on every base. Put one on the larger ships and 1 or 2 in each region, but each O6 command doesn’t need a spiritual adviser.
I'd like to see the usage for on base religious services as to compared to MWR services.