• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pipeline transfer-Jets to P-3/C-2/E-6

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
The old style grading system used in Strike Training allows for HUGE swings in the NSS, even deep into phase two. Most people don't realize just how volitile it really is...

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
The old style grading system used in Strike Training allows for HUGE swings in the NSS, even deep into phase two. Most people don't realize just how volitile it really is...

it should be interesting switching grading systems halfway through advanced.....

Southern Ag

pilot
the same thing happened in vt-31 recently. A marine herc driver finished the program, but ended up not getting winged due to low NSS. I think that hes trying to lateral over to the NFo thing. but ya, its messed up that if you finish the syllabus w/no prob, and all the IP's think your qualifed to be winged, that NSS [which in the maritime syllabus is screwed up anyway] is the deciding factor.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
It's a known fault in the system. It is being fixed. In the future there will be no NSS. In the meantime, we have to deal with the system in place.

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
What is the NSS?

So from the way I read it is if you can pass everything and still not get winged? If so does that happen very often?

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
What is the NSS?

So from the way I read it is if you can pass everything and still not get winged? If so does that happen very often?

It's the Navy Standar Score and to explain would take more knowledge than I possess (which is limited anyway). I found out today that the FITU SDO was one of those who finished the programed but his NSS was a 33% and thus did not get winged.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's a known fault in the system. It is being fixed. In the future there will be no NSS. In the meantime, we have to deal with the system in place.
What will be taking place of the NSS?

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
What will be taking place of the NSS?

I hate to say it, but the Air Force GPA system. It is basically a score that says how a student has performed compared to MIF. Most are currently in the 1.2-1.3 range right now. As long as a student makes it to the end, he progresses. Since MPTS has been introduced, we have been interpolating NSS from a GPA anyway, so it won't be too much of a stretch. I am guessing that they will still throw in the squadron deviation for selection purposes, but I dunno.