• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pilots for OCC 240 pushed to 241??

I was recently board assigned to OCC 240 which was due to take place in April and then got pushed up to March. However, since this is the last board of the fiscal year my OSO informed me they are not taking anymore pilot slots until next year which would leave OCC 240 without any pilots. OCC 241 board in July is when the Marine Corps is picking pilots back up for OCS. Any other SNA board assigned candidates in the same boat as I am? Any different news for others?

jjdidnttiebuckle

Exact same situation here. Just got a call from my OSO today telling me I’m now board assigned for OCC 241. He said that all the slots for 240 are basically filled when I asked what had happened. It doesn’t make too much of a difference to me, but it is curious that you had the same thing happen.

Exact same situation here. Just got a call from my OSO today telling me I’m now board assigned for OCC 241. He said that all the slots for 240 are basically filled when I asked what had happened. It doesn’t make too much of a difference to me, but it is curious that you had the same thing happen.
Over slotting pilot spots a few years ago is certainly taking its toll on new pilot candidates now. Next board is now in July, with push off date being September so the waiting game continues… good luck to you brother!

PaulF

Sup guys, my OSO told me they'd still put me for the board April (Pilot), but he did mention that our region does not have any pilot slots available. Waiting game. So OCC 240/241
What region are you in? I'm going up April but haven't heard about this

Highlander51

I'll fly away O glory
I might be able to provide a little insight on this. I'm attending TBS for the 5-22 class, I commissioned with two other Marines and they all are going to the TBS class ahead of me. The only thing unique about my situation is that I'm on an air contract. I would assume that the Marine Corps is trying to slow down the amount of SNAs they are pushing to flight school due to backlogs, COVID, etc. The same situation happened to one of my friends who commissioned exactly one year before me so it appears they're still trying to work out the kinks. Whether this is in induced by flight school, or just bad planning on the MC's part I'm not sure but regardless, the MC is pushing back SNAs as far as they can right now. Hopefully that changes soon and hopefully this helps give you a little more SA.

I might be able to provide a little insight on this. I'm attending TBS for the 5-22 class, I commissioned with two other Marines and they all are going to the TBS class ahead of me. The only thing unique about my situation is that I'm on an air contract. I would assume that the Marine Corps is trying to slow down the amount of SNAs they are pushing to flight school due to backlogs, COVID, etc. The same situation happened to one of my friends who commissioned exactly one year before me so it appears they're still trying to work out the kinks. Whether this is in induced by flight school, or just bad planning on the MC's part I'm not sure but regardless, the MC is pushing back SNAs as far as they can right now. Hopefully that changes soon and hopefully this helps give you a little more SA.
Pretty sure you are spot on. I have two buddies also on the aviation route and there were a few delays in starting pilot school after TBS. Good luck to you!

Highlander51

I'll fly away O glory
If you just submitted for MECEP there’s no guarantee you’ll get accepted. If you are accepted they will assign you an OCS date along with an authorized semester start date for school. For example, I applied for MECEP in December, got selected in March, went to OCS in June, graduated OCS in August, started college in January.

Marine4821

Cp Marine
If you just submitted for MECEP there’s no guarantee you’ll get accepted. If you are accepted they will assign you an OCS date along with an authorized semester start date for school. For example, I applied for MECEP in December, got selected in March, went to OCS in June, graduated OCS in August, started college in January.
Exactly correct just looking at a timeline because the board just started on the 19th. Historically after it convenes it takes about 3 weeks to a month. If selected just looking for the updated class schedule to check a timeline i Can expect.