• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pilots at Pensacola

Status
Not open for further replies.

fghtpilot

I am new to the forum and want to say Semper Fi to everyone.

I am a little confused about my air contract and pensacola. I know they train NFO's but will I be able to become a pilot?

Crowbar

None
I think what he's getting at is, first of all, yank out your training agreement and re-read it. Does it say that you are guaranteed SNA or SNFO? Further, you need to make sure you fully understand the difference, if you don't already. Poke around this site or do a search for CNATRA and their website can break each one down pretty good for you, to include duties, training pipeline, and available aircraft.

The topic of switching to NA/SNA gets really beat to death here. If you want to know more, again, lurk around the site and you can find plenty of opinions and debates on it.

goplay234

Hummer NFO
None
Definitely check your contract...If it says NFO, well, that's what you are going to be...If it says pilot, then you start in Pensacola and move on to Primary at another base.

Pat1USMC

Enroute to VMAQ-1
Good god man, you had to check with your OSO? I'd give my left kidney for an SNA slot, (eyesight). I hope this is what you want to do and have given it a lot of though.

Anyway, you'll go to OCS or PLC or whatever, graduate, wait a while, go to TBS, then go to Pensacola for API. Then you're on to Whiting Field, (nearby Pensacola, don't think its ACTUALLY Penscacola), for Primary. Then if you get helos, you'll stay there, if jets, you'll move.
Try posting on an SNA thread, or the Marine one. This is an NFO thread.

josejimmenez

Selected for SNFO
Be advised, i had a few buddies who did marine PLC and did API at Pensacola, but Primary at Vance AFB. By the way I agree with Pat about the kidney. I'd throw in my appendix and splein too if it would help.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You can alsio choose/select to go to SNA Primary in glorious Corpus Christi.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
fghtpilot said:
I am a little confused about my air contract and pensacola. I know they train NFO's but will I be able to become a pilot?

The smartass in me really wants to put something down...but I better not.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
zab1001 said:
You can alsio choose/select to go to SNA Primary in glorious Corpus Christi.

Glorius and Corpus do not belong in the same sentence.... Shudder.....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.