• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pilot Applicant Vision Waiver

thatpilotguy

Hi All,
I'd be really grateful for any advice or previous experience regarding the potential to be selected for a naval aviator position with the following visual acuity: 20/40 in one eye and 20/60 in the other eye, with both correctable to 20/20. I know the Navy requires 20/40 uncorrected, but I was wondering if waivers are typically accepted when one eye is slightly off the requirement?
Thanks for the help!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hi All,
I'd be really grateful for any advice or previous experience regarding the potential to be selected for a naval aviator position with the following visual acuity: 20/40 in one eye and 20/60 in the other eye, with both correctable to 20/20. I know the Navy requires 20/40 uncorrected, but I was wondering if waivers are typically accepted when one eye is slightly off the requirement?
Thanks for the help!

Short answer: No.