• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN Picking up O-4

pascol1

As an 1105 VTU LT reservist, how long do I have before I get screened for O-4? I hear that you have 2 tries before you get the separation notice.

snake020

Contributor
As an 1105 VTU LT reservist, how long do I have before I get screened for O-4? I hear that you have 2 tries before you get the separation notice.

http://www.npc.navy.mil/bupers-npc/career/reservepersonnelmgmt/officers/Pages/Continuation.aspx

You get three shots. From NPC:

"Lieutenants: in an active status (USNR-R or USNR-S1) who twice fail of selection to LCDR and have completed the eight-year Military Service Obligation (MSO) will be transferred to the Retired Reserve, if qualified, or be honorably discharged from the Navy Reserve not later than the first day of the seventh month after approval of the Board report which considered the officer for the second time."

continued...

"Lieutenants in all non-FTS designators, who were considered twice for selection to lieutenant commander, but twice failed of selection on the RASL. Such officers may be considered for continuation to allow one additional opportunity for promotion to lieutenant commander on the RASL. "

robav8r

None
Contributor
YHGTBSM - you're a LT and you do not know, or don't know how to know how the Navy's promotion system works ?

pascol1

I know I am a little behind the power curve. What I was asking was how long do you think I would have before I would start getting my first look? I am trying to see how much time I have to work with before I get looked at for O-4. Right now, I am in the process of looking for a community to take me. I apologize for not being specific.