• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PFT DETAILS

Status
Not open for further replies.

1239er

Can somebody give me some specifics about OCS fitness tests?
Pull ups: Overhand? Underhand? How far apart is the grip? Should the chin completely reach the bar?
Crunches: Feet in air? Feet flat on ground? Elbows touch legs? Hands locked together behind head/neck?

I want to make sure i practice correctly.

jdfairman

PHROGS 4EVER
Pullups will be done either overhand or underhand. Choose one; however whichever one you choose, both hands have to face the same way. I have found that it is harder to train your body to do pullups with the overhand grip, but once you do strengthen that muscle group and your body gets use to it, you will be able to do higher numbers more consistently. No kipping, No swinging, arms must lock out at the bottom of the repetition, Chin must be above the bar at the top of the repetition.
Crunches are done on your back, legs bent up and feet on the ground with another Marine sitting on the tops of your feet, holding your legs and counting. Your arms will be crossed across the front of your body and must remain in contact with the front of your body. If you raise them up any at all, the repetition does not count. Shoulder blades must touch ground at bottom of repetition, tops of arms must touch the fronts of your quads at the top of the repetition.
KILL

Status
Not open for further replies.