• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PFT 225 or minimum for each event

spartan03

In order to pass your PFT, is the score of 225 the only requirment? or are there minimums in each event that you must meet? For example, would 18:30, 100, 8 (total points 237) be a passing PFT? I thought I heard somewhere along the way you needed 10 pull ups and I would like to clarify.

maineiac515

OCC 193
To the best of my knowledge, yes you need 10 as a minimum for pullups. If you use Armstrong workout plan, you can gain your 2 pullups in 2 to 3 weeks.

usmc96

You are OK with that score. 8 pull-ups is low, but not failing. You want to have at least a 250 to be comfortable. Pull-ups are where you make you money with five points a shot. 20 is ideal but if you get 12 to 16 you will be alright.
They just take a little effort to get good at them. You really don't have to get stronger you just have to practice. Five sets of five for four days and max set on the fifth.
It takes a little effort to get used to pull ups, but once you go to OCS, TBS, then the fleet you will recognize that they are part of being a Marine and it will soon be second nature.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
KBayDog said:
Try this one on for size.
You sly devil, you. But why search the internet for the real answer when there are AW members standing 24/7 by to tell you what the answer COULD be.

cwc73

pilot
so, is the 24 minute mark a minimum for officers at OCS? As in you could have a 260+ but hit 24:01 and fail?