• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

People who have finished OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

solenita72

SWO Wife
What were your liberties like? My husband is in his 4 week and I have plane reservations for the 5th weekend, 6th weekend and the 8th weekend (which is the dining out). Just wondering what I can look forward to. I'm staying on base the 5th and 8th but couldn't get a room on the 6th weekend due to an air show. I also need advice on the dining out (as in what to wear)!

ghost_ttu

Something that my recruiter told me about that happened to his class (which was a long time ago) but after they secured they got the 4th weekend liberties, and then someone screwed up and they didn't get liberty until 7th weekend. I'm not trying to scare you, but letting you know that something like that "could" happen. Someone that has been there more recently would probably have more to say to the matter.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

FlyGirl

Not sure if this true or just a story..but I heard of a candidate going to a bar where the DI was also enjoying the weekend. Well the candidate got way to drunk and ended up hitting the DI at the end of the night! I heard the class got sh** for it and didn't secure until quite sometime after that!!

tali264

hey Patmack
Do you know those guys in that class?? Just wondering because I was looking at the other photos (Field Meet) and thought I recognized one.

Beth

tali264

ok, so I'll also add a story. A guy was in OCS with a girl he really hated. He got rolled for something and she ended up graduating ahead of him. He was on liberty the weekend before his graduation and ended up seeing her in a bar. They had words and he ended up calling her a b**ch. She made a huge deal about it because she was an officer now. He ended up getting sent back to the beginning of OCS and had to start all over again!!!

FlyGirl

Tali: got even yet another story...a really funny one. I know a guy who signed up as an officer but after going through MEPS..he got sent to Great Lakes to regular boot camp!!! He started boot camp (LOL) and "discovered" after 4 weeks that he was in the wrong place! So then he got shipped out to OCS! Amazingly he did make it through, but I believe he got out after his 4 year commitment.

elzie44

All,
Just to put things in perspective, while attending USMC Recruit training in 1991 for 12 week’s there was no liberty. I would think since OCS is for training officers and leaders, they would start at training and leading by example, with no liberty. Just A thought, Besides all that time in isolation builds character.

Elzie44

“Retreat hell we’re just fighting in different direction

jjitaly2001

No, you get liberty. Sometimes as early as the fourth week, depending on the results of your first MTT. Often times, that liberty gets postponed until later, but happens nonetheless.

John - OCS 07 December

Turgon

OK... here's the deal with Liberty...
If he got liberty his 4th week (passing 4th week MTT/RLP, which I doubt because the only class since 05-03 to secure 4th week was 09-03) he would have liberty from about 4pm friday untill 1 am that night. He would have to go to sat. morning pt and then drill or whatever the Class DI wanted to do that morning and then secure again at around 4pm sat afternoon. He wouldn't have to return to base untill 4pm sunday afternoon unless it is a three day holiday like veterans day in which case he would not have to return untill 4pm monday.
Now, Dining out is a whole other story... Dining out gives your husband full 48 liberty, regardless of whether his class secures or not. ALL CANDIDATES attending Dining Out get 48 lib... period. So, he'll get to leave base at 4pm friday and not have to return untill 4pm sunday (except going to dining out of course). Chances are your husband didn't secure 4th week, but he did 6th week. Keep in mind, if his class fails the 9th week MTT/RLP he can unsecure untill his 10th week.

Good luck and enjoy the dining out

Status
Not open for further replies.