• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pensacola Beach Airshow by Boat

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Any thoughts on the best place to see the Blue's homecoming show on a boat? I've been told it's packed with boats and get there early, but do they mean the beach side or gulf breeze side? Closest to show center is what I'm going for.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Means beach side. Get there early. You might want to check about oil too. If it's there don't get in the water. Not really sure how the oil is going to affect the show this year to be honest.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Means beach side. Get there early. You might want to check about oil too. If it's there don't get in the water. Not really sure how the oil is going to affect the show this year to be honest.

Making a "discreet head call" won't be as easy as previous years.

EvilGN

pilot
ive done the "sound side" and even though its a different view of the show, its not ideal, its no where near as cool as show center

SynixMan

pilot
Contributor
Can you get to the beach side with a boat? Or maybe rephrased, do the cops frown upon you being beached up there?

Brunes

pilot
Can you get to the beach side with a boat? Or maybe rephrased, do the cops frown upon you being beached up there?

Can't say for sure- but you might have a hard time finding a spot to pull the boat up- and the cops probably wouldn't like it. You won't get to show center the safety zone is 1/4 mi x 1 mi during the show. But outside that you can hang out where ever you want.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
ive done the "sound side" and even though its a different view of the show, its not ideal, its no where near as cool as show center
Agree, we did that last year, and the buildings blocked the view of some of the show. On the plus side though, you can anchor pretty much anywhere sound side, and MWR lets you bring their rental pontoon boats there.

SynixMan

pilot
Contributor
So from what I've talked to people about, the party is better on the sound side, but you won't be able to see the entire show. My boat is smaller (18ft), so unless it's glass I'm not going on the gulf. Anyone who's been have input on that? Worth just going sound side and partying, despite the obstructed view?

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Worth just going sound side and partying, despite the obstructed view?

Did that one year with a large group of friends. IMHO, worth it- even with the obstructed view. I think we had seven boats tied together for a few hours. (Most of the boats had their bimini tops up for shade and the tops didn't hurt the view.)

MidWestEwo

None
Definitely not my brightest decision to drive there and park near show center.. It took a few hours to get out of there.

SynixMan

pilot
Contributor
IMG_0367.jpg

My boat went TU on the launch. That's my f'in luck. We drove and made a party of it anyway. The party on the sound side was indeed epic, right up until it rained after the blues were done.

CumminsPilot

VA...not so bad
pilot
Definitely not my brightest decision to drive there and park near show center.. It took a few hours to get out of there.

I rode a bike over the bridges from downtown Pensacola...

Imagine my great luck, while on the Gulf Breeze side of the 3-mile bridge, to have the torrential downpour hit. :)

Still only took 45 mins to get home though...probably worth the soaking wet EVERYTHING :D