• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pearl Harbor Veterans

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
The oldest Pearl Harbor survivor, Ray Chavez, passed away today at 106 years old.

Rest easy, Chief.

E78FC2A6-BB41-43B9-AA2F-CC47CFF5D3BE.png

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Amazing.

Old enough to not only have been at Pearl Harbor but old enough to remember the Armistice in 1918- and understand the connections between the two conflicts in a different way than anybody walking the earth today.

When I see people like him, I also think of the WWI vets who were born a few years before the Civil War (which was not connected to WWI) or the Vietnam vets who were born during the Great Depression (and WWII did have a lot of connection with the Vietnam War).

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Amazing.

Old enough to not only have been at Pearl Harbor but old enough to remember the Armistice in 1918- and understand the connections between the two conflicts in a different way than anybody walking the earth today.

When I see people like him, I also think of the WWI vets who were born a few years before the Civil War (which was not connected to WWI) or the Vietnam vets who were born during the Great Depression (and WWII did have a lot of connection with the Vietnam War).
I wonder if they’ll look back on us in 70 years and ponder on if we saw the relationship between the Cold War, the first Gulf War, 9/11, and the current conflict?

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
I wonder if they’ll look back on us in 70 years and ponder on if we saw the relationship between the Cold War, the first Gulf War, 9/11, and the current conflict?
Growing up during the Cold War, before Gorbachev and Perestroika came along, I remember being scared that we really might all get nuked someday. I remember Leo, I remember Yuri dropping off suddenly and quite unexpectedly, I remember Konnie... it was a scary time. I remember my mother telling us stories about all the food being sold out in 1963.

Kids these days were born after the Wall came down. They remember 9/11 and all the fear and confusion from that. Many of them watch the wars in the Middle East and Afghanistan...

There will be more things in the future that we will also talk about when the time comes.

Renegade One

None
"This is a story you will tell your grandchildren...and mightily bored they'll be!" ~ Attributed to Lieutenant General Sir Brian Horrocks, commander of XXX Corps in a briefing just prior to Operation MARKET GARDEN
Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 7.24.48 AM.png