• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Peanut Allergy: Need a Wavier

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabbitxc07

I'm a midshipman at Villanova currently designated SNA and commission 13 May 2011. My flight physical just came back and I was not given a wavier for a peanut allergy that I have and am currently being told that it is not looking good for me to get to go to flight school. I am allergic to peanuts, and go into anaphylactic shock if I eat peanuts. That being said, I have not had a reaction in 20 years; the last time I had a one was when I was less than 18 months old. I only have a reaction when I ingest peanuts, but can be around them and am not my allergy is not as serious as those who cannot be in the same room as someone else eating them. I had a scratch test done for my scholarship in 2007 for DODMERB, and got the wavier for the allergy then. Does anyone know what I can do to get a wavier from NAMI, or get BUPERS to grant me the wavier? Thanks!

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Closed as the info was posted/answered elsewhere. THe solution really is....don't eat peanuts. Or any other food you are allergic to.

Status
Not open for further replies.