• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PCS'ng from Duty station to OCS???

Status
Not open for further replies.

bisouss69

If I get picked up I will be PCs'ng from Hawaii to Florida.. anyone have experience with this? Did you send our car off and your belongings? how did you pick them up if you do not get any liberty until the 6th week.. and even then the couple of hours isn't enough time. What did you do? Anyone with experience that went through this please give me your info... thanks !

catpounce

I don't think they do any moving until after you graduate OCS. Then you should have time to pick-up your things etc. I don't know about the car thing but I do know that going to Rota, Spain the Navy ships one car for you. Most likely the same issue.

jlinscott

I have PCS'ed out of Hawaii and I can tell you that your car will take 2 weeks to get to the west coast (LongBeach, CA) or you can have it shipped to the East Coast (Jacksonville, FA or Boston I THINK???) and then you will need to drive it to pensacola. Your household goods (if you have any) will take significantly longer (30 days = West coast; 45 days = East coast). You should go to the JPPSO office on Pearl Harbor (Supply Side) to get the exact info but that is how long it took for my stuff.

I am assuming that you are NFO since you will be PCS'ing to OCS. If you are not selected NFO than I don't think the Navy will move your stuff until after OCS (except NFOs). Anyway, I know there are a few prior's who are now NFO's that might answer that part of your question more sufficiently.

_Jason

Cars to the east coast took 30 days at least.

robv182

Gotta have the Nutz
None
Check before you ship your household goods to make sure you are authorized or you POV and ensure your orders authorize you to. My PSD(Corpus) ran all the paperwork and told me a lot of nice things, but when I got to P-cola I found out I was not authorized anything until I completed OCS, even as an NFO. I guess, that is just in case you don't make it, they don't want to move you twice. After graduating they give you OPDS orders, which are orders back to your permanent duty station to PCS your stuff. Trust me and check it out. A seabee friend of mine PCSed from Naples and they ended up taking money out of his check to pay for his wifes plane ticket and some other stuff. The orders are only for you to go to school and not for anything else. You are not even authorized leave enroute, just the travel time. Naples PSD said he was authorized and then afterwards when PSD Pensacola said no, PSD Naples said, "OOPS, our bad." We graduated in March and he still doesn't have all his pay issues straightened out. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.