• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS PCS Family from Hawaii before/after OCS

Eonami

CTI1(IW)
Hi all,

I am active duty currently stationed with my family in Hawaii. I just got my prorec-Y for Intel off of the December IWC board, and ineed some advice on how to handle the upcoming PCS. I understand that OCS itself is a TAD and the NIOBC school in VA Beach is a 5-month PCS. We have a house in MD, and it would be easiest if my family could go there while I'm in OCS and NIOBC, then we could PCS together to my ultimate duty station. Is there any way I can arrange to have them PCS'd before I go to OCS, or are they stuck here in HI until I graduate? If not, will I be able to get orders or leave after OCS to return to Hawaii and get my stuff moved? It's been hard to find concrete info on the process when a family is involved. TIA!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hi all,

I am active duty currently stationed with my family in Hawaii. I just got my prorec-Y for Intel off of the December IWC board, and ineed some advice on how to handle the upcoming PCS. I understand that OCS itself is a TAD and the NIOBC school in VA Beach is a 5-month PCS. We have a house in MD, and it would be easiest if my family could go there while I'm in OCS and NIOBC, then we could PCS together to my ultimate duty station. Is there any way I can arrange to have them PCS'd before I go to OCS, or are they stuck here in HI until I graduate? If not, will I be able to get orders or leave after OCS to return to Hawaii and get my stuff moved? It's been hard to find concrete info on the process when a family is involved. TIA!

Maybe it's deja vu but I'm pretty sure someone asked this same exact question a few months ago. Maybe some searching can come across it.

Intel101

Ready too see my dream come a reality
I asked a similar questions few weeks ago. I belive in order for your family to move with you while in training the school has to be over 180 days. This can be wrong but i remember being in IS "A" school and wanting to do that but it wasn't worth it. The reason why Navy would not do a move prior to starting school is because it won't be be out of the realm of possibility of getting orders back to Hawaii at PACOM.

They also won't PCS you before OCS because it's not a guarantee you will pass it. I'm sure you will but Navy not going to bet on it. The only way they will do a PCS after OCS is if NIOBC is enroute in your orders and ultimate duty station will be in VA Beach. Which I believe won't happen since Intel Officers likely don't pick duty stations until they are in school or or near graduation.

Hope it work out for you. It's gets complicated having a family while being TAD in CONUS and not wanting to be gone for so much

Once again this is my opinion

Last edited: