• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PCS before or after going to OCS (Prior enlisted)

SharkBait

Anyone have any idea when your household goods will be packed for PCS if you are prior enlisted? I tried to use the search function and to many results popped up for every way I tried to look. Would I continue to receive BAH for my current duty station as a single E-5 while I am at OCS or will they pack everything before hand and hold them?

Last edited:

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Your orders ought to specify the details of your move. If I remember my own similar experience correctly, I had my household goods packed up before I left my previous duty station, then delivered to my ultimate duty station once that was known. They'll store your stuff in transit. Once you have orders, you should be able to go over all of the details with your local personal property office and coordinate your move with them.

HawaiiIDC

PRO-REC Y IP 1820
I have a similar question, but I am married and currently live in Hawaii. I am confident that she will get a continuation of station allowances here (COLA, BAH), but does anyone have experience with going back to their old PDS, to prepare for the move , after an ultimate destination is determined at OCS? Thanks.

torpedotor

I think with the married guys at OCS, the move was handled as they were finishing up OCS and moving to their ultimate duty stations. However, in most situations, you won't even get your orders until the last week or two of OCS. (I got mine two hours before graduation and some people got theirs the Monday after graduating. Yeah...) So the situation is going to be different for everyone. I don't know whether or not you'll be going back to HI to help with the move, but I would plan as if you won't be and that your wife and stuff will just meet you at your ultimate duty station. (This is an educated guess, so take it with a grain of salt and get more information from other people as well.)

cacreader

I am planning to dump most of my household goods but I have a massage chair weighs 205 lbs 48in x 32in x 48in and I want to ship it to my parent. Is there any way will HHG move it for me before I get to newport for OCS? Please help....

SharkBait

I doubt it, I've only seen HHG shipments go from home of record to new duty station, duty to duty and duty station to home of record. Ask your personal property rep and they can give you a firm answer though.

cacreader

My home of record is where my parents live, that's where my wife will live if my she is gonna be away from me. Does it work?

dh4quad

SNA Selectee
My home of record is where my parents live, that's where my wife will live if my she is gonna be away from me. Does it work?
Does anyone have any updates on this topic and how it works? I was just selected for OCS and we have a baby on the way. I would like to move my wife prior to OCS so she is with family while at OCS instead of by herself while I’m gone. Thanks

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Does anyone have any updates on this topic and how it works? I was just selected for OCS and we have a baby on the way. I would like to move my wife prior to OCS so she is with family while at OCS instead of by herself while I’m gone. Thanks

You are more than welcome to move your family at your own expense but until you graduate OCS there are no PCS or move entitlements.

Jacksa71

Ok that is what I thought. Will my PCS after OCS be from where I move my wife? Or will it be previous duty station?
So I just went through this process myself. I did a DITY move before OCS, WA-FL. They did not reimburse me for my trailer and weight which is unfortunate but I did receive other benefits that cover all my travel expenses. When you get your orders, there will be a reference on how to move your family before receiving final PCS orders. Talk with the Admin O about it. It seems like an easy process, I wish I done it. I fought with auditors for 2 months before they dug deep and reference what as in my orders. PM me if you want more information about my situation.