• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pay question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

photonchick

My husband has been at OCS for a month and hasn't been paid yet. When I called dfas they said I needed to contact his dispersing office and gave me the number. Should I go ahead and call? I don't want to get my husband yelled at for having his wife call and ask questions. Any of you wives want to give me your 2 cents? Thanks

solenita72

SWO Wife
You can call, but more than likely they will not give you much information. I had to call when my husband was in during the first month. I was lucky and got someone that I could get info out of, but I knew what I was talking about because my husband had been considered enlisted before, so our money was coming in, just not the right amount. Even if you have POA, you will probably have a hard time getting info. Best option is telling your husband when he calls next time and he can request time to go to the PSD there to see if he can get it straightened out. If you call, he will not get yelled at, in fact he will not even know you called. PSD and OCS are two different entities. Good luck!!

slabicro

Helo wife
Good luck! My spouse went in 18 Oct and it was well over two months before he got a check. Then they were never right! Thank God I had a decent income and we could live. The Navy doesn't seem to worry about your bills and if you pay them or not! I would have him tell his class officer. That is what my SO kept doing and eventually we got it. No he has been an officer for over a month and we just got our first check with the new pay and again it is wrong! Hang in there
Renee

Agent00JP

Photonchick,

what was your husband's start date. I started on March 9th and we didn't get paid until the 15th of the April. It had been projected for the 15th of April or 1st of May. If it is causing you undue financial hardship, then get your husband to talk to his class chief petty officer. Or, if that is just not possible or time efficient, then call up there (OCS) and find out who his class chief is and talk that person yourself. Trust me the chief will be accomodating (s/he is responsible for the admin stuff for the class) and the only trouble it should cause your husband is some mashing if he gets his entry procedures messed up. They will not, however, punish him by not helping. Hope this helps.

Rotorhead

Do not call for your husband. He needs to drag his butt into PSD and take care of it. I can't imagine the ridicule he will get if you start making calls on his behalf. Pay is a serious issue and should be handled expeditiously, if they are having this many pay related problems, someone needs to bring it to the PSD CO's attention, thats unsat.

Status
Not open for further replies.