• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pay Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmithS

Does anyone know the form in which our first pay will be at OCS? Will it be via direct deposit or is it a check? For example, I report November 10, I doubt I'll get paid on the 15th, so I'm assuming my first payday will be Nov 30th, but will it be a check or will it go direct deposit. I'm just curious b/c my wife will be living in P-cola too and I know we'll need that BAH to help us out in November. Any info is appreciated.

Hartman

Silly...they give you a hooker for the first check! C'mon, you're a sailor now!!! Seriously though, I have no idea. I just had my bank fill out this direct deposit form that I plan on giving directly to my drill instructor. "Pay up, suckaaa!!!!"

ghost_ttu

ummmm you are supposed to submit your hooker preferences when you give your DI your direct deposit. Just put it on a piece of paper that says "hey pimpdaddy this is what I want"

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

ghost_ttu

Hartman, if you do that DO NOT tell him you went to Tech, he will still be beating you when I get there, and if there is anything in common he will be beating me

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

Vic

Your MOM!
pilot
Smith,
Make sure you go to your financial institution and pick up a DD form 1199(Direct Deposit). The first couple of days at OCS you will take care of all the personel and finance paperwork. If you get there on the 10th, I don't forsee a problem with you getting paid by end-of-month. End-of-month cut-off is usually around the 22nd of the month. Sep was the 22nd and Oct is 24th. If you shoot me an e-mail after the 8th of this month, I'll be able to tell you when the cut-off is for November. The two most important things for a married service member is the DD1199, marriage certificate and your kids birth certificates, if you have any. Oh, and if you try the "Pay up, suckaaa!!!!" they usually misplace your paperwork until past cut-off. I hope this helps and let the military finance questions begin!

Don't sweat the small stuff!

Vic

Your MOM!
pilot
I forgot the lease, don't forget your lease!$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Don't sweat the small stuff!

solenita72

SWO Wife
FYI My husband has been there since 28 Sept, we just got our regular pay today 12 OCT, direct deposited. Didn't include any uniform or any of the other things that were suppose to be added. Maybe they are a month behind?

solenita72

SWO Wife
What about family sep and travel reimbursment? That isn't in there this time either. Of course we have been through the screwed up pay system severla times where he would get pay then no pay.... They told my husband when he was doing his admin stuff that he needed a blank check fo rthe uniforms because it would be included in his pay. The paper check would be easier though!

The Bob

Maybe a bit too personal a question, but what does one get paid at OCS after taxes and any other expenses they take out? I've seen the pay scales for E-5, but I didn't know if that was before or after taxes.

Thanks in advance.

robv182

Gotta have the Nutz
None
The E-5 pay you see is before taxes. Any other allowance you are entitled to such as your housing, uniform, seperate rations, travel, family seperation allowance, dislocation allowance, etc. are non taxable.

Agent00JP

If you are worried about the amounts after taxes during OCS then just write EXEMPT in line 7 of your W4. That way you can plan on just having the FICA 7.65% taken out. It will make it much easier to calculate your paychecks and the W4 can be updated after graduation.

JP

FYI
E-5 => 1561.50/mo.
=> 2 x 780.75/mo.
=> 780.75 - 7.65% = 723.36

As mentioned above, the remainder of pay allowances and bonuses are tax-free. So, add the ones that are applicable to you to the above total and viola!

Status
Not open for further replies.