• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Patriots' long snapper had to put in reskeds to play in the Super Bowl

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Everyone point and laugh at NOSC Newport. First, for actually scheduling a drill weekend on Super Bowl Sunday. Second, for doing so when one of the freaking New England Patriots drills at their NOSC. And third, for doing so when the exact same thing happened last year!

I'm pretty sure the world wouldn't end if they slid a DWE one week and let ALL their SELRES enjoy the weekend with their families . . . even the ones who don't pull in an NFL paycheck. It's not like we don't have plenty of other weekends throughout the year on which to take flight physicals, do random admin crap, and make sure none of our Sailors fell into a freaking ditch or got kidnapped by ISIS.

(yes, I'm sure there were extremely valid reasons . . . but come on; you can't not make fun of that)

Duc'-guy25

pilot
Clearly priorities of the front office have changed since I used to drill there... The old XO would never have allowed this to happen.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Maybe it was an attempt to get away with a shorter drill weekend- if everybody reschedules their Sunday drills then everyone can go home early.

Still mock worthy.

FormerSquidCop

I could swear that during my separation brief in 2012 the USNR recruiter said that drills were never scheduled on super bowl weekend. Wonder if that's historically accurate (though unofficial). I don't think I have had DWE on superbowl during my drill time.