• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Path to becoming a Naval Intel Officer?

KingsburyK

API Warrior
Hello all,

I'm currently enrolled at Florida State University, and am pursuing my BS in Psychology. To be honest, I'm a little unsure of my future career path. I have the GPA, test scores, and letters of recommendation to pursue my PhD if I choose to do so. However, becoming a Naval Intel Officer has always been an idea lodged firmly in the back of my head. If I were to attempt to pursue a career as such, would I be at a disadvantage coming from a psych background? I've heard that the Navy prefers majors such as International Relations or Political Science for these positions. Additionally, how much does the Navy weigh language experience in their selection? I've taken several classes in Spanish during my time at FSU, and would more than likely be able to get around in the Spanish-speaking world, but I'm nowhere near fluent. Any suggestions as to strengthening my chances of selection?

Thanks for any help, Kyle