• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

passenger discount for military personnel

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ohh, a whole 10% off - thanks Uncle Sam. Seriously, who takes the train anywhere?

Brett

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
Last time I took Amtrak a trip from jacksonville to pensacola took about 8.5 hours. ( It is like 5 in a car) In addition to that the train was running about 2 hours late, so a midnight arrival turned into 0200. I was not pleased.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
I was talking to an Amtrak employee once in passing, and they mentioned their coast to coast train (i can't remember what its called) had a 0% on-time rate for the previous month, and they said that was pretty normal. And we aren't talking a few hours late, we're talking between 24 and 48.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
I took it a couple of times. What was really handy was the VA-FL route. They load up your car, so instead of heading down the I-95, You can make it from DC to Orlando overnight. Plus dinner and forced socialization with strangers is always fun.

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
Thisguy said:
I took it a couple of times. What was really handy was the VA-FL route. They load up your car, so instead of heading down the I-95, You can make it from DC to Orlando overnight. Plus dinner and forced socialization with strangers is always fun.

Wait a second...you can take your car on the train for long trips? Wish I had known about that earlier.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Road Program said:
Wait a second...you can take your car on the train for long trips? Wish I had known about that earlier.

LOL, it's only been around for at least 40 years or so....:D

US Train system still not what it could be...it's the way to go in UK and on the continent..especially on liberty...forced socialization with strangers and all