• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Parachute training

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahsndpro

Do jet pilots go through parachute training? Just curious. If they do, what does it entail?

Thanks,
chris

Dave Shutter

You go parasailing, being pulled by a truck, which requires you to practice landings first. Specifically jumping off a platform and rolling properly on the ground. Painful at first I'm told, especially after an hour or so. My question; in the SNA video they show at the recruiters office they show parasailing over water with a wet landing as part of API. Obviously at that point you'd have to execute proper detangling, uhhooking and life vest procedures on your own. I haven't heard of or seen this done at P-cola however. Is it done still?

opie

Things have changed when it comes to parachute training. I just finished DJET this week and can say it's 2 days of nothing special.

First, while going through API you do the standard Para-sailing behind a truck. All of the great PLF practice, and some pool training (parachute drag with the T34 harness).

Once you finish Primary and have selected Jets you now go back to the pool and do your parachute drags but now in an ejection seat harness. You also now perform the "Slide for life" into the bay, feet hit the water release your harness, get in your raft. It's all relaxed and really easy. Basically your DJET training is just an extension of API, only it's 6 months later.

Enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.