• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Paid by NRD or NRS

Daniel M

I thought I'd seen this information somewhere on this forum before but I searched and couldn't find it. I received a pro rec this past June into the BDCP program and have finished everything except the PT test. I was wondering when they begin paying you is your pay rate e.g. BAH/BAS based on the location of your recruiting station or recruting district?

OnTopTime

ROBO TACCO
None
My understanding of BDCP is that the housing allowance is based on the location of the school that you are attending.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
My understanding of BDCP is that the housing allowance is based on the location of the school that you are attending.

That is actually NOT true at all. For me, it was based on where I was recruited out of, so my NRD's BAH, which was awesome since I went to school in a small town but got a major city BAH.

OnTopTime

ROBO TACCO
None
That is actually NOT true at all. For me, it was based on where I was recruited out of, so my NRD's BAH, which was awesome since I went to school in a small town but got a major city BAH.

Yeah, well I think that your pay was f'd up (luckily for you, to your advantage). Look up the payment procedures for BDCP BAH, and I'll bet it says that BAH is based on the zip code for the school. It wouldn't make any sense to base a housing allowance on a location where the recipient wasn't actually living (or in this case, attending classes and therefore likely living in close proximity to the school).

http://www.navy.com/navy/joining/education-opportunities/undergraduate.html

Go to the link and scroll down to the BDCP info. "...a housing allowance that is based upon the location of the school you attend."

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Yeah, well I think that your pay was f'd up (luckily for you, to your advantage). Look up the payment procedures for BDCP BAH, and I'll bet it says that BAH is based on the zip code for the school. It wouldn't make any sense to base a housing allowance on a location where the recipient wasn't actually living (or in this case, attending classes and therefore likely living in close proximity to the school).

http://www.navy.com/navy/joining/education-opportunities/undergraduate.html

Go to the link and scroll down to the BDCP info. "...a housing allowance that is based upon the location of the school you attend."

I thought wrong....Sweet! PSD sucks? Check.... PSD sucks in your favor? That's a new one.