• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Outranking your DI

Status
Not open for further replies.

gin_e

What happens when a prior enlisted outranks their DI at OCS? They would have to be an E8 or above, ie. Senior Chief Petty Officer.

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
A candidate doesn't outrank anything, regardless of any prior-enlisted rank previously held.

Keith Nielsen

There is what is called "positional authority" where an individual will "outrank" another who may be the same or higher paygrade. This is not a common thing, but it does happen. At my last command my dept. head was a commander while my XO was a LCDR. The XO outranked due to position.

NFOtoBE

VP-5 NFO
Not necessarily, Some DI's are E-6's so to outrank him you would only have to be E-7. Like said earlier that does not matter because you are an officer candidate and do not outrank anything, until you graduate!

AZSkegee

well the likelyhood of a chief or senior attending OCS is very rare, they would go LDO or try to pick up Master Chief

matrixed

You don't out rank s***............why would such a question be asked anyway.

"hail, hail, hail the ..........."

MATRIXED

Meridiani

why would such a question be asked anyway.

I can't really speak for Ginny...but for myself, I know that you get bored and anxious waiting for OCS. You have too much time on your hands. Strange hypothetical questions roam restlessly through your brain. You think, 'Hey, why not ask at Air Warriors?' Mainly, people here understand this compulsion.

quickandsure

bigmouth_125.gif
LOL

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
In OCS your rank is Officer Candidate. Look at the paperwork. If you come from the fleet as an E-7 that is simply your pay grade. Your rank is Officer Candidate. Not Chief anything!! Shortly after I went through AOCS (in the dark ages only avaition candidates went to Pcola and the DIs were meaner too)one of the DIs on staff actually went into the Navy as a SNFO and back through AOCS. His buddies were still there. I can gurantee you he got no breaks and pulled no rank. As I recall he became a P-3 NFO.

AZSkegee

Thanks PATMACK18 I always wondered if Chief attended, most on my boat seem to prefer LDO, and take that route, but you learn something new every day HOO-YAAH

SPOOK_SW

in class 22-03 there are two Chefs in there. One is a GSMC with 13 years and the other is a ATC with 13 or 14 years in. It is really hard to get LDO or CWO slotts in some communities. I had to do it with 11 years as a IS1(SW) because there are almost no intelligence slots for othre commisining programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.