• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

lucille27

Hello! I am needing some advice on what possible steps I can take towards achieving a career in international relations/foreign affairs.

I am new to the Navy (have only been in for a little over a year) and I completed my Bachelors degree in Political Science this year. After completing it, I sought to start an officer package however, after my third attempt on the OAR I scored a 43. Right now, I have:

• 3 interviews completed by Intel officers who recommended me
  • 3 LORs by a state representative I interned for, previous XO, and a LCDR I work under
  • 3.5 GPA

Unfortunately while preparing to take the OAR again after my second attempt (scored 43 also), I severely underestimated the chances of me scoring the same. I continued to study, purchase online resources and receive tutor lessons. I felt confident going into my third try and scoring higher than a 43 but that did not happen. Now I am stuck with a score of 43 and an almost put together package. I was hoping to apply to the Intel community (obviously not now), Crypto or SWO IW.

Now I am seeking advice on what I should do next. I am conflicted whether to submit my package regardless of my low OAR score or forget submitting a package and find other avenues to take advantage of in the Navy. If you recommend that I do not submit this package, what other avenues could I take in the Navy (as a Corpsman) that can help lead me to my ultimate goal of working in the foreign affairs community?

Thank you

exNavyOffRec

your GPA is good, the thing is that CW looks heavy on tech degrees, generally 90+% selected are tech degrees.

I will look again but I don't think SWO IW or now SWO CW has any quotas for FY 22 selections, the fact they didn't select any on the board that just released results is a good indicator of that.

I would say your best bet is to either wait for Intel to open up or try SWO.