• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Osprey Training?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vballpilot

I was wondering if anyone out there knows about the V-22 and how one gets trained to fly it. As I understand it so far the Marines and eventually the air force will have it and the Navy is still deciding on whether or not to buy it for themselves.
So if yu're a Marine SNA what pipeline do you choose to get the V-22? Helo, Prop--or will it have its own Pipeline?
I also saw on the news that some Naval and Marine Officers were being brought up oin trial for falsifying test reports on the Osprey; so does anyone know for sure if this thing is even going operational.
If anyone has any info I would greatly appreciate it.

Jack

There were, unfortunately, several officers who were 'indicted' on charges related to falsifying maintnance records. I'm not exactly sure what came of it - probably nothing good for those involved.

The pipeline was open briefly as a slection choice for Marine SNAs in late 2000 and very early 2001. I believe the studs had to have jet grades and volunteer for the training. I understand that they would have gone to Corpus for multi-engine training and then gone back to Whiting for a modified helo sylabus.

A few guys were selected for the program and got down to Corpus before the pipeline was frozen. Those guys were eventually given the choice for a pipeline transition. Some chose Hercs, other jets or helos.

I have not heard anymore as to when the pipeline will be reopened. A recent article in an aerospace magazine said the Marines were hoping to have an operational squadron in FY '04.

Hope that answered some questions.

jec

Status
Not open for further replies.