• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ORIGINS of PATCHES

KBayDog

I thought it was a 3rd MAW thing.

I'll have to re-read the policy, but I believe I read that III MAW still allows community/MAWTS/milestone patches.

Your Friday patches are still pretty sweet.

"Sorry, folks! We're closed for two weeks to clean and repair America's Favorite Family Fun Park. Sorry! Uh huh Uh huh Uh huh!"

marty_1.jpg

KnightNArmor

ASO
pilot
yeah well... we used to call the Friday patch "The Party Moose" but the big man wasn't too fond of that... so now it's "The War Moose"

KBayDog

yeah well... we used to call the Friday patch "The Party Moose" but the big man wasn't too fond of that... so now it's "The War Moose"

You guys need to put a life-size Marty Moose outside your squadron. It would make your SDO life so much easier.

"Sorry folks, [squadron's] closed. Moose out front shoulda told ya."

New Hampshire is looking out for you:
BFM_bumper_sticker.gif

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretti nasti . . .

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Here's a few I designed in the VTs.

My class patch (02-01), based on the Malibu Rum label.

Mrs Fester's class patch - so many folks were getting rolled back for one thing or another, they made a "mass class" patch

And one a few of us had made up when I was in T-34 VNAVs. VT-10's standby policy at the time had a bunch of folks sitting around when wx was below mins and there were no unscheduled VNAV-qualified instructors around anyway. We figured out one time we'd spent over 100 hours just sitting in the student ready room. And so.

Heard later that the front office wasn't happy about the patches, but the policy got changed.

Attachments

• 0201Malibupatch.jpg
    0201Malibupatch.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 88
  • centurion sm.jpg
    centurion sm.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 94
  • rollback patchsm.jpg
    rollback patchsm.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 84

plc67

pilot
According to former Ensign Gay, the sole survivor of VT8 at Midway, who I met at an airshow many years ago, the Navy did decide to not have a Training squadron 8 out of respect for his old unit.

VPNAVY

Fly Navy!
Contributor
Jump over to my site (VPNAVY.ORG) - I have "history" for every established VP squadron.

By the way ... VP-5 ... I think it started out as VP-17"F" (now what is the "F" anyway ???) IN 1937 !!! That has got to be one of the oldest/one of the old still goin' today ..... GlobalSecurity.org is wrong --- I think --- when they ascribe the VP-5 lineage to VPB-135 @ NAS Whidbey in 1942. HistoryNavy.mil lists VP-5"S" (what's the "S"?) as standing up in 1931 !!! 1931 !!! Any of you VP types have any historical information on the lineage of these two squadrons ??? Anyone ??? Anyone ??? Buehler ???