• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ORE or ASTB

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorfman

I am interested in becoming a Naval officer. I called my recruiter and he said the first thing to do was take the ORE exam. I asked if that was the same as the ASTB and he said the ASTB was the exam used by the Air Force. I've done quite a bit of research. Is he right?

ghost_ttu

No, the ASTB is used by the Navy/Marines. The air force uses the AFOQT. Don't get caught up on the namings just study and do well. Ask him if they have SNA slots available currently though. Last I heard they do not.

dorfman

I talked to him last week and he said the wait for SNA was the longest, about 9 months. From what I've read, it seems like it should be longer than that, but who knows. I've have some bad experiences with recruiters in the past, so everything they say I take with a grain of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.