• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Oops

E6286

OCC 191 Select
I have a PFT to do this evening and I just drank a cup of coffee without thinking about it. Is there anyway to make sure I don't cramp up this evening? I am probably being overly paranoid but after working 9.5 hours, a PFT is not something I am looking forward to as is so I don't want to make it worse than it needs to be.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've heard of a lot of people who drink a cup of coffee before each and every workout. I wouldn't worry about it. But I would drink a lot of water today to get/keep yourself hydrated.

concur

Concur, I used to drink coffee an hour before a race.. there is medical research on positive benefits of caffeine prior to racing/working out.. (stimulating heart rate/blood flow etc)

Youll be fine and goodluck..

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
One cup should help more than hurt if you hydrate normally the rest of the time.
Don't sweat it (pun intended).

r/
G

E6286

OCC 191 Select
I am going for 190 at the board being held this thursday. Its a second board bc the ppl. in charge of waivers messed up so they decided to hold a second board. I ended up with a 268 - 20 pullups, 95 crunches, 22:26 run. Shoulda been over 270 but all and all not bad. Now back to waiting...........

spec05v

Waiting...
Good Luck. I'm in the same boat. I have to do another PFT in the morning for the 9-8 board. My last one was a 291.

Hope to see you in October.

stevo01

268 isnt bad...man, those damn crunches kill too. cant hit 100, my quads give out.. Wish you the best, let me know what happens

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Thanks man. Yeah, I shoulda had 100. I did 70 in a minute and then died at like 80. 95 is getting closer at least. Its my run that needs real work.......