• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

One crazy early evening back in college

Status
Not open for further replies.

confused_pilot

So lets say I have this buddy who while he was in ROTC, had a little encounter with the local PD. Had charges been filed it would have been a Class4 felony, a little BB gun damage. No arrests were made, and no charges were filed. What is the likelyhood that my friend would have to worry about something like this coming up on a future security clearance or anything else?

utrico

Applying for OCS
If no one was arrested than you, I mean your friend, should not have any problem. The security clearance does not ask "Have you done anything bad in your life?" It ask if you have been arrested and to that you can answer no.

av8tor

If the police deparment was called most likely they retained a record and you may one day have to explain it to OPM, so what. It was a BB gun and I'm guessing you were pretty young, don't sweat it if asked, just explain the incident so you don't lose credibility.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Do not give any extra info. If the question is have you been arrested? Then say no. Dont say no, but once I was questioned by the police.... Thats not the question. Make it easy on yourself.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.