• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

On my way to Lemoore

BrittO

pilot
OK, quick question about the admin of SERE ( i know i cant get many details of the training)..im going to North Island for SERE on june 18th and just wanting to know from people who have gone there recently if you checked in wearing flight suit/ khakis?? couple people have said the bag...secondly, what is the general schedule for the two weeks...any other advice greatly appreciated

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Bags... but then again we didnt checkin prior to the first day of class...

First week, classroom type stuff with some scenarios. All in Bags.
2nd week, field work.

Make sure u have good boots, get leather gloves (stay away from the mechanics gloves... they wont help keep the cactus out of your hands), get some racketball goggles (the bugeyes destroy ur depth perception at night) and dont be afraid to get close at night... and definately use a shelter if there is one.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I checked in on Friday (straight from the RAG) and then showed up to class the next week on Monday. All of it was in the bag.

Good gouge on the boots. I would recommend non-steel toe. Also, for my gloves, I had a set of fairly light weight fabric gloves that I got at REI (or whatever the place is in San Dog) and then got a set of leather work gloves from Lowes. I could get the work gloves over the fabric gloves the first time, then I was able to pull off both at the same time, kind of like the leather gloves had a liner. Kept my hands warm when it was cold and kept my hands from getting real sweaty during the day with the leather gloves.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
I recommend Gordon Biersh as a first meal after SERE. Have fun! -War Criminal #54

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
Kansas City Barbeque, downtown San Diego on Market St - War Criminal #18

Firehawk

One Guinness followed shortly thereafter by another....pork chop in a bottle. -War Criminal #33.

Have a great time out there...you actually nailed a good time of the year to go. Freezing nights were miserable.