• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

old men club anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsannk2

I am a 32 year old 1stLt (Capt selected)ground officer. Always wanted to be a pilot/NFO, but didn't pass ASTB until recently. I took the test last Mar and got a Scores of 5-8-8 for SNA and 5-5-8 for NFO. I passed my physical and put in a package for last June Accession board. The unfortunate thing for me was I got pcs order and had to go to my new duty assignment. I thought my package was good to go until a week before the board was convened that I found out that my package was hang-up at my old regiment. To shorten the story, I missed the board and will not be eligible for it again until at least December 2003. By then, I will be 33 and almost 34. I spoke with Maj Coke, the Air Crew Coordinator at HQMC, he told he that I still have a couple years to go, but I am started to push the age limit issue. My question to you gentlement is that any hope for guy like me to have a shot of being either SNA or NFO? Have you ever seen a guy that old at flight school? Thanks

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
No, I've never seen anyone over the age of 32 but that doesn't mean you can't be the first. You'll still be a mid level Captain by the time you receive your wings so you won't be in to bad of shape regarding promotions. Obviously, your PCS was untimely but if the Corps accepts you for the flight program at age 34, go for it. Good luck! Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

Status
Not open for further replies.