• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OIC question IRT NJP issues

ltedge46

Lost in the machine
None
Without any prior legal-o experience, I would have done the same thing, obviously trying to reach back to CO/XO in short order. Hopefully the hypothetical CO is backing up the hypothetical decision. Good fodder for MC/OIC board questions.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Good grief. Talk about getting upset about the horse after it already left the barn.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
IIRC, can't you charge drunk and disorderly under Article 134 without a specific BAC? As long has you can prove that they had enough to "impair the full exercise" of their faculties, or whatever the verbiage is?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Pretty sure OPREP guidelines/regs/whatever request or require a BAC for all ARIs, we always got them with a BAC or 'BAC pending' and posted the summary with them. I haven't looked at the 'Daily Darwin Awards' in a little while but I doubt the Navy dropped that requirement.

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
How drunk didn't really matter. Charges for public intoxication will still stand.

Homeguard CO/XO fully support OIC's decision. Would be a different story if there was an assault, car accident, etc.

No one likes this OIC anyways. He is accused of trying to protect his guys and keep things at his level.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
How drunk didn't really matter. Charges for public intoxication will still stand.

Homeguard CO/XO fully support OIC's decision. Would be a different story if there was an assault, car accident, etc.

No one likes this OIC anyways. He is accused of trying to protect his guys and keep things at his level.

Obviously a failure in leadership.