• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OHARP to IFS

Spartan43

STEEEEEEEEEVE
None
reporting 06 feb and IFS is slotted for 02 mar, when do you select your IFS location? Should I be in communication with someone before hand or just throw my name in the hat when I report?
You'll find that out after you check in at Pensacola. You're IFS date in your orders isn't exact either.

WEGL12

VT-28
You are given the ifs locations the first or second day you start ifs. Sometimes they let you pick which airport based off where you live, other times you are just assigned an airport.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Circa 2008 they were assigning but if you had a good reason for wanting a location they were likely to give it to you. Case in point, my roommate's fiancee was doing EOD training in Panama City so they let her do IFS at Eglin so it would be easier for her to see him. Your mileage may vary.

WEGL12

VT-28
Circa 2008 they were assigning but if you had a good reason for wanting a location they were likely to give it to you. Case in point, my roommate's fiancee was doing EOD training in Panama City so they let her do IFS at Eglin so it would be easier for her to see him. Your mileage may vary.

My class was given the chance to pick which school we wanted to attend. It may have been because there were more slots than people that week. That said I know a lot of people that were told what school they would attend.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
i talked to the DIVO where I am OHARPing and he thinks I will either get some type of dislocation allowance or even perhaps the move completely covered when my wife and I move up to Pcola? Any experience on if we actually do get some type of moving allowance?

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
also note that the orders say IFS is not a PCS and I get that but since I'll basically be in Pensacola for a year or more with the move to Whiting does it qualify?

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
Follow up: IFS and API most likely will have the accounting code ACC341 which doesn't allow for your dependents to be covered for a move. For that phase you only get 600lbs for yourself. Once you hit primary you are eligible for the family move of 10,000lbs. You'll see ACC342 next to that phase in your orders at which you should plan to move your family around that time frame. Sucks and seems backwards to me since the orders x months in advance say you are moving to whiting but it is what it is. Maybe this will help someone else plan accordingly.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
If you are married and have follow on orders to NASWF in Milton you can do a PCS move.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
If you are married and have follow on orders to NASWF in Milton you can do a PCS move.
correct but only to milton not for the pcola portion. i've been around the horn and they keep telling me I get nothing until after API and I cant wait that long to move my stuff

jander12

pilot
All my stuff is moving down there when I do mid-February (coming from OHARP); it's all already scheduled and approved. No one at the housing office has given me any problems with it (same situation: dependents, PCS to NASWF not NASP). Haven't asked for DLA yet, but I was given a travel advance within a week of finishing OCS.

roflsaurus

"Jet" Pilot
pilot
I also had personal property move all of my stuff the moment I got to PCOLA. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the fact that your intermediate activity is in the same geographic location as you're permanent activity. I think I remember my friends who DITY moved not being able to collect their money until they checked into Whiting, but not 100% on that. Just know that they'll only pay for one move. So if you're going to move the fam while in API, live somewhere in between the two bases so you don't have to pay out of pocket to move to Milton.