• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

oh hell, what now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin

so i went and took my med exam at great lakes naval base for sna yesterday (my birthday) and due partly to my awe-inspiring ignorance, i didnt understand that i was supposed to take a pre-commissioning physical and instead was put through a class I flight physical. i dont suppose anyone else has had this happen but im curious what's going to happen now, because it sounds (from my recruiter) like they might be pissed that they spent the money on me when i havent even been selected yet (pro rec'd though) and dont have an ocs date (to which i added, just give me an ocs date then). fortunately i think i passed, but i was friecking out the whole day cause i wasnt expecting the rigorous eye exam crap and all else. any enlightenment would be greatly appreciated.

sincerely,
moron

NavyLonghorn

Sounds like it isnt your mistake. Should have been paper work following you around saying whats to be done, and that paper work should have been followed. I don't see how you could have any consiquences cause they ****ed up. I mean.. what can they do other then get pissed cause they botched it?

spsiratt

24 April OCS
Well moron(kevin), don't worry about a thing. I think Longhorn hit the nail on the head. You can't be held resposible for them giving you the wrong physical. Besides, the initial class I flight physical is the biggest pain in the ass (no pun intended) you should have to go through with physicals. You've got yours out of the way now. Really, don't worry about it.

sailorgloom

That's it. I'm calling the Navy Fraud, Waste, and Abuse Hotline!

Just kidding. You probably saved yourself a step if your medical went fine. You would have needed it anyway!

-SG

kevin

well now im curious.. if they do take me for sna, will i still need to go through the whole classI again when i get to ocs?

gnorman911

Same exact thing happened to me when I went to get my medical, a commander told me to take it. And well I am still waiting to get my date too, sounds like we are in the same boat, that physical did suck, but I told two commanders and a captain my situation, since my recruiter didn't show up. They said that I should go ahead with the long form flight physical because I would need it anyways, also it would help when going to NAMI in order to get my up chit. Let me know if you hear anything about your date, hopefully it will all go good.

Status
Not open for further replies.