• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

officer transition from another branch

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiowaguy

I hear that if you are an officer from another branch who wants to go to the Marines (active or reserves), you must attend officer candidate training. Is that true?

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The only ones that I know of were Navy to Marine transitions at the competion of flgiht school and they had to attend The Basic School (TBS) which is the entry level training for new 2ndLts. Its not OCS and youa re treated like an officer but barely. It is a mix between Field Ops, classes on how to be an Offcier and a couple fo "Which fork do I use?" classes. They did not send them to OCS.

kiowaguy

I called a marine reserve recruiter today and they said I would have to go through boot camp. Is there anyway you could find out what an Army or Airforce officer would have to do to transition and post your findings? I would really appreciate it. And by the way, thanks for your quick and helpful response.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sorry dont have time to do research for your career but if you talk to an Offcier Selection Officer (OSO) he might be able to help you out.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Kiowa, you just used the word "officer" in your original post, do you mean commissioned or warrant? Simple question, but it makes a big difference.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Make sure you talk to an Officer Selection Officer (OSO), NOT the enlisted recruiter in the shopping mall. He'll sign you up to be a Non-commissioned officer in only a few short years!

Archangel0341

part-time mind
Hey listen I dont know the details of your situation but I am a second Lt in the USMC and as we speak I am on Temporary duty at my Oso or Officer selection Office awaiting my API date. I dont know if you know what an Oso is but you need to. I dealt with a woman yesterday in the same situation. Times are hard in the recruiting field but that shouldnt matter. Depending on your collegiate standing enlisting may or may not be the best idea at this point, However, you do not have to enlist to be an officer ( Real life fleet experience as an enlisted is priceless) but you dont have to enlist. I would research your area and find out who the Oso Officer is for your school/area and contact him. There is also a website to go to I believe it is Marineofficer.com in fact I know thats what it is. There should be some online information you can fill out and submit. Once you do that the wonderful www takes charge and routes the info to your Oso and I would say you could expect a response in a week or less. You should also be able to ask your local enlisted recruiter who the Oso is and he will most certainly know how to put you in contact with him. The rest is up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.