• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Officer resignation and grad school

btr27

Hello folks,

I’ll be applying to grad school next year and plan to get out at my EAOS May 2023. But if I don’t get into any schools, I plan to stay in for another tour and reapply in two years. I recently PCS’d to a new command so my PRD is Apr 2023. I could use some help navigating my timeline.

This is my ideal coa:
  • Fall 2022 apply to grad schools
  • Dec 2022 hear back/get accepted
  • Dec 2022 drop resignation — since “All requests must be received at NPC AT LEAST 9 months prior to the desired separation date”, I’d indicate Sep 2023 as my desired separation date
  • Apr-Sep 2023 ??
  • Aug-Sep 2023 terminal leave hopefully
  • Sep 2023 start grad school
What does Apr-Sep 2023 look like? I don’t want to take new orders and have to fulfill TIS requirements. Would I extend at my current command? Or would I PCS to the TPU at the ISIC?

Thanks all in advance.

nodropinufaka

They will likely just extend you.

Also if you are on shore duty with a minimum TOS Longer then your PRD you may need to get a waiver as well.

nodropinufaka

I would highly recommend dropping your papers at 1 year out if you can.

I dropped it at one year out and if I did 9 months it probably would have been a nightmare.