• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Officer Interviews

El Duke

I am applying to BDCP at the end of the year. I am in the process of getting everything finished with my paperwork.

My question is how do I go about getting interviews from current Officers? Does my recruiter need to set an interview up for me? Or is this up to me?

acwildcat

pilot
My OR advised me to go talk to the people at the NROTC office at my college. I interviewed with the CO and XO there and those were the only ones I had and I got accepted so it worked for me. I got an interview form from my OR that they filled out for me.

BUDU

Same. Never even knew BDCP applicants would get officer interviews until after my pro-rec.

El Duke

Does my recruiter have to set these interviews up or can I start contacting local Navy bases?

Also, do they just need the Interviewer's Appraisal Sheet? Or this there another form they need to fill out? Will they give it back to me or need to mail it into my OR?

Thank you all for your help.

60flyer

Now a C-12 pilot
pilot
Contributor
Does my recruiter have to set these interviews up or can I start contacting local Navy bases?

Also, do they just need the Interviewer's Appraisal Sheet? Or this there another form they need to fill out? Will they give it back to me or need to mail it into my OR?

Thank you all for your help.

Why not ask your recruiter this info?

El Duke

I have been asking him but he has not returned my emails or phone calls so I am trying to get as much stuff done on my own.

pmasters

I never knew about getting an officer interview, they definitely aren't mandatory. Might help if you're on the fence about getting accepted. I know my fellow BDCPer here did some with the help of her recruiter, so its definitely possible.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
after non select, i got an interview with local Reserve CO, I'm sure it helped my app. Most of all he was a viking pilot, then IP for like 8 years so he had tons of advice, and cool stories. Now I have a pretty good contact to stay in touch with as I progress.

CalamityJean

I know which way the wind shines!

1.) They just need the appraisal sheet. I don't quite know how BDCP works though. Mine scanned and e-mailed theirs directly to my OR which was good because he had to do a couple corrections.

2.) I found one of my Officer Interviews on this site actually after I posted in my community of interest asking for contacts.

I chose to travel to Norfolk since I had friends there and this was where my Officer was. She set up another interview within the community for me which was extremely helpful. For my other community of interest, I found a site online that was for Officers in the Hampton Rds area to do get togethers and share ideas. The president of that organization put me through to a Capt who agreed to interview with me.

3.) If you sit and think for a minute and ask "the google" you can come up with a lot of ways to make contacts. My recruiter preferred I did this on my own because he was super busy. I'm sure yours would also feel the same but if you want to ask, no harm in that.

4.) I did interviews because this was my second time applying. I was told the reason NOT TO DO IT the first time was to give me something to apply with that would be a big change to my package and allow me to submit under the 6 month mark if I was not selected first attempt.

If you have more questions about this pm me I'd be happy to help.

CalamityJean

I know which way the wind shines!
is an officer interview one of your references or is it separate?

They are separate. You can have an Officer you know write you an LOR though. The difference is the perspective. LORs are more indepth and personalized from someone who knows you/your work ethic well. An Officer interview is like a write up from a job interview. Make sense?