• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Officer Interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTP

Has anyone had one? My recruiter stated that you did not need one anymore, and that references from officers were just as good. I feel as if it can only help me out to have one. Let me get yalls take on it, and let me know if your recruiter has made you go on one or not.

J. Tyler Pate

GO DAWGS!

tali264

I didn't have any interviews or any references from officers or anyone in the military. Still got in with BDCP. I don't know. I'm sure it couldn't hurt though.

rhollin1

I was told by my recruiter that they don't really do the officer interviews anymore.

Pain...is weakness leaving the body

Tessone

I was never told I would have to do one when I was considering BDCP either.

Anyone know if we do them for Marine programs?

--
Chris Tessone
http://www.polyglut.net/

sonnyb

when I started the process, I was surprised to learn that the Navy doesn't interview officer applicants. I think that's why recruiters have to write an applicant write-up, which is something like a recommendation. I know AF and Army interview applicants. don't know if the marines do or not.

JayManC

No the navy didn't do an interview in my case either, although the recruiter does offer a recommendation on his part, and I also got one from his boss too. Meanwhile the fact that I didn't know they don't do interviews caused me to bomb the BI portion of the ASTB (when they counted). While my recruiter was telling me to "think like a controlled Tom Cruise" the proctor was saying "be sure you answer this portion correctly, because you may have to justify it in an Officer Interview"....if only I knew!

<insert something witty here:>

rhollin1

I want to know how in the hell can my recruiter write up a recommendation about me when he doesn't even know me? Will he sit down with me in like an interview or something?

JayManC

My sentiments exactly. My recruiter has been more of a pain in the ass than anything else. I can only imagine what he put in his impression of me. It seems like everytime i would call and ask if he was in they would transfer me straight to VM. Or more often than not he was on leave or out of the office at a career fair. What should I expect from a 24 yr HM1....

Seriously though I thought of jumping ship a few times on him and trying to get someone else to handle my package. Personally my experience with him was pretty comparable to elephants screwing..."there's alot of grunting and groaning; but it takes almost 2 years to see any results"

Not to mention I don't even want to know how the LT dept head got involved writing me a LOR considering I never met him, nor did i even hear his name until he called me to tell me i was passed over

<insert something witty here:>

rhollin1

I have in contact with my recruiter via email and most responses are one-liners. It's like pulling teeth to get any information out of him. I try to get his advice on certain matters and he finds a way around all of my questions. I am beginning to think that he just doesn't care much or either doesn't like me. If it's the latter then I don't see how I will get a good letter out of him. I have the PRT on the 25 so maybe he will warm up.

Status
Not open for further replies.