• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Officer Appraisal 'Expiration' Dates

CunningLinguist

CTI2, 5 Yrs TIS
Hey all,

I'm active duty and require officer appraisals for each community I apply to. I've knocked out 2/3 of my interviews this past month, however I won't be applying until I finish my degree in May 2022.

Will the board care that my officer interviews are nearly a year old? Just trying to make sure I'm presenting the strongest application possible. Thanks!

Apologies in advance, couldn't find anything on google/reddit/airwarriors on this, there's no mention of it on the official forms.

exNavyOffRec

Hey all,

I'm active duty and require officer appraisals for each community I apply to. I've knocked out 2/3 of my interviews this past month, however I won't be applying until I finish my degree in May 2022.

Will the board care that my officer interviews are nearly a year old? Just trying to make sure I'm presenting the strongest application possible. Thanks!

Apologies in advance, couldn't find anything on google/reddit/airwarriors on this, there's no mention of it on the official forms.
Maybe, historically they wanted everything dates less than 6 months, however with AD they tend to be more forgiving. It also depends on the designator as some are more strict than others, what are you wanting to apply for?

CunningLinguist

CTI2, 5 Yrs TIS
Maybe, historically they wanted everything dates less than 6 months, however with AD they tend to be more forgiving. It also depends on the designator as some are more strict than others, what are you wanting to apply for?

Hey thank you for replying so quickly! Looking at Supply first followed by IP/Intel 2nd/3rd.

exNavyOffRec

Hey thank you for replying so quickly! Looking at Supply first followed by IP/Intel 2nd/3rd.

Those are all ones that tend to have a higher average GPA of those selected, IP selects most with STEM degrees (being AD in an IWC rate is a wild card though), Intel is closed for FY 22, the first FY 23 board should be around March/April.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I defer to a recruiter on this one, but I thought it’s possible to apply to OCS prior to finishing your bachelors degree, provided you are X% complete so far, and you don’t attend OCS until after graduating.
What language(s) do you speak?

Tommytran828

NaughtyByFlight
Hey all,

From Mr. Celestin, he said appraisals are good for one year. After that year, new appraisals are needed. I asked because I have three appraisals that are on the older sheet and two on the newer sheet. You’re good to go as long as the appraisals were done within a year of submission.

Attachments

• 377BF7E6-18D7-40A1-8D5F-01BB87557E9F.jpeg
    377BF7E6-18D7-40A1-8D5F-01BB87557E9F.jpeg
    181.8 KB · Views: 30

exNavyOffRec

Is this really true? That puts a huge damper on my plans. Do you know where I can find this info or if there is a waiver around it?

It has been that way forever and there is no waiver around it. That is why on the checklist for AD there is no spot for degree completion plan.