• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Odds?

madmax

Hello. I am an engineering student and will be graduating this May with a 2.9 GPA. My goal to become a helo pilot for the marines. I have two questions.

1. Do I have a good chance of achieving my goal and becoming a Marine pilot.

2. What do I need to do to get the ball rolling?

Thanks in advance for any help.

gotta_fly

pilot
1. Maybe.

2. Search the hinternet, you may not be the first person to want this information.

TheBirdy

pilot
Hello. I am an engineering student and will be graduating this May with a 2.9 GPA. My goal to become a helo pilot for the marines. I have two questions.

1. Do I have a good chance of achieving my goal and becoming a Marine pilot.

2. What do I need to do to get the ball rolling?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Gotta Fly definitely gave you the 'nice response.' Don't ask 'what are my chances' type questions because no one is going to give you a definite answer (I'd probably say some of the mods will bash you too, I'm not for sure though). Apply and find out. A good way to gauge how competitive you are or how likely you will succeed in getting picked up to become a naval aviator is to look through the stats of applicants of previous boards and compare yourself.

And as said before..the search function is your best friend. Use it.

Good luck.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
37% now ...if you wear a bolo tie to the officer recruiting station, your odds jump to 63.421 %

KBayDog

(I'd probably say some of the mods will bash you too, I'm not for sure though).

Nah, we Mods have undergone years of DoN-directed sensitivity training.

Because of this, not only do we appreciate the OP's question, but we would never do anything to embarrass him, ridicule him, or otherwise hurt his feelings.

Furthermore, we will now be forced to take "virtual administrative action" against you (thus immediately ending your Air Warriors career, no matter how many years you have served...or how many millions of dollars we have invested in you), because you're fostering an unprofessional culture of insensitivity. It will not be tolerated.

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
Nah, we Mods have undergone years of DoN-directed sensitivity training.

Because of this, not only do we appreciate the OP's question, but we would never do anything to embarrass him, ridicule him, or otherwise hurt his feelings.

Furthermore, we will now be forced to take "virtual administrative action" against you (thus immediately ending your Air Warriors career, no matter how many years you have served...or how many millions of dollars we have invested in you), because you're fostering an unprofessional culture of insensitivity. It will not be tolerated.

Somewhere in the world, a hooker just died.