• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Weigh Ins, Tape?

Willfly4crayons

I lost 60 pounds and I was able to secure selection. I've heard weigh ins don't happen at OCS until after an initial PFT, and you'll be at OCS several days before that happens, and be eating plenty with minimal physical activity. I'm only about 4 pounds below my max weight. Definitely no problems taping, I was 240 and would tape when I was enlisted. If you came in slightly over would they tape you at OCS, or just get sent home?

Meyerkord

pilot
I lost 60 pounds and I was able to secure selection. I've heard weigh ins don't happen at OCS until after an initial PFT, and you'll be at OCS several days before that happens, and be eating plenty with minimal physical activity. I'm only about 4 pounds below my max weight. Definitely no problems taping, I was 240 and would tape when I was enlisted. If you came in slightly over would they tape you at OCS, or just get sent home?
When I was there in 2018, we weighed in before the first PRT. It was during all the gear issue and paperwork on day 1. That may have changed since then. They taped us too, didn’t send us home.

Willfly4crayons

That's good to hear! I'd like to drop a few more pounds so I wouldn't even have to cross that bridge. But it's comforting to know you wouldn't be sent home.

TF7325

pilot
Contributor
When I was there in 2018, we weighed in before the first PRT. It was during all the gear issue and paperwork on day 1. That may have changed since then. They taped us too, didn’t send us home.
Granted this is navy OCS, not USMC. The Devil Dogs might do it differently.

Willfly4crayons

Oh good catch, I didn’t even notice what forum it was in.
I'm selected for the Marines. Should've caught that when you said PRT instead of PFT lol. Well either way I plan to be below weight. They didn't let us tape for bootcamp so I doubt things will be different at OCS.

joe dirt

pilot
If you are below weight you’ll be fine. If you tape and are within Height/Weight standards you’ll be fine.
Be careful during flight school…it can be pretty easy to put on a few pounds and not really notice until you’re trying on your blues before winging. In the fleet you only have less time to stay in shape.