• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS to Supply School

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedgirl

I just received my final select for supply (March 19 OCS date), but I haven't heard of how long it will take between graduation and the date I need to report to Athens. Is it immediately after OCS or will it be a few weeks/months later?

smell the glove

It could be 3 months, or it could be 3 days. It depends on class dates in Athens (only 4 classes a year). You won't really know until they cut you a set of orders towards the end of OCS.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Congrats speedgirl!!! That's awesome. I am waiting for final select for supply (BDCP grad 07) as well. The wait is killin' me. Looks like its a rolling board; people seem to get word of their selection about every week. I don't have a response to your question. I just wanted to say Congratulations.

jason4463

Supply school starts four different times a year. The months they start are Jan., April, July, and Oct. You will finish ocs at the end of june and report to athens in july for supply school. Thats if you finish ocs on time. Congrats on the final selection.

Keep your eyes on the prize!

speedgirl

Thanks for the info. Just wanted to know if I would have a few days before I come home, but I guess it's up in the air (seems like everything in the Navy is like that!) We'll have to learn to adapt to it. Best of luck godspeed!

Chopteam6

If your classup date in athens is in excess of the number of days you are alloted to travel to athens you will be able to take leave. If you check in to Athens early they will probably have you stand watch on the quarter deck or make copies of pubs, etc for the classes in session and any upcoming classes. You can also try to score O-Harp which is where you go work with the officer recruiters in the geographical area you were recruited. If you are prior enlisted with no break in active service you will go back to the base (not necessarily your command) and work as a "stash ensign" until you are ready leave, usually you will be detailed to the Supply Officer.

Status
Not open for further replies.